Prestige Mad Hatter Adult Costume
Why is the Mad Hatter so mad? Well, that’s actually an easy question. It had something to do with the mercury fumes that hatters in the Victorian era were consistently exposed to when they turned fur into the felts needed to make a dapper hat. Although, how this matter went mad, we can’t be sure. The world works a little differently in Wonderland. If we were constantly harassed by riddles with no answer than we’d probably go mad as well!
Tim Burton has always done “mad” well. We’ve enjoyed watching the characters with their wildly colored clothing, unhinged hair, and deathly pallor come into play and his character of the Mad Hatter is no exception. Did you know that the Mad Hatter’s makeup and clothing changes according to his mood? When he’s angry you might notice high spots of red in his cheeks, when he’s sad there might be bluer elements to his face, and when he’s amused his eyes are shaded like a wild sunrise. Now, we aren’t sending a makeup artist along with each of our costumes (we’re pretty sure that’s illegal) but you can look up any number of tutorials on Youtube and apply it yourself with one of our makeup kits.
This costume is pretty intricate though! It features the worn leather-like jacket with details and the wrists and a bird sewn onto the chest. We’re pretty sure the Mad Hatter is feeling happy as his apparel includes a colorful bowtie, pink lace at the sleeves and happy embroidery on the blue striped pants. Top it all off with the fabulous hat and you’ll be ready to go. Tea anyone?
- Shirt/Vest Combo
- Pocket Ribbon
- 100% polyester fabric, 100% polyurethane foam
- Faux suede jacket fastens w/ gold plastic buttons at center front
- Shirt/vest combo fastens w/ Velcro at back of neck; decorative buttons on front
- Satin cravat is sewn to self-fabric neck band that fastens at back w/ Velcro
- Cropped pinstriped pants have elastic waist, printed floral design
- Pocket ribbon & molded vinyl thread sash fasten to jacket front w/ Velcro
- Foam-backed velour hat has satin band, printed "10/6" tag
- Officially licensed
|X-Large||Pants Waist||28" - 44"||71cm - 112cm|
|2X-Large||Pants Waist||32" - 54"||81cm - 137cm|